- Poleadion Info Sheet
- Trapeze Info Sheet
- Matrix Info Sheet
- Marquee Equipment
- Price List
- Terms & Conditions
- Equal Opportunities
Who We Recommend
- Equipment Hire
- Food & Drink
- Weddings & Events
- Toad Hall, Torquay - Holiday Cottage (Sleeps 6)
- Abbotts Event Hire - Catering Hire
- Addicott Electrics - Generator Hire
- Aggreko - Generator Hire
- Andy Loos - Toilet Hire
- Dream Wedding Cars - Car Hire
- Event Hire Solutions - Toilet Hire
- Hitch a Fridge - Fridge Hire
- Hollett Electrical - Generator Hire
- Kids Party - Entertainment
- Picnic Table Company - Furniture Hire
- Premier Luxury Loos - Toilet Hire
- South West Event Hire - Catering Equipment
- Southwest Sumo Hire - Entertainment
- Speedy Hire - Generator Hire
- Stage Electrics - Stage, Sound & Light Hire
- Stage Engage - Stage, Sound & Light Hire
- Total Event Hire - Catering Equipment
- UK Karaoke - Entertainment
- Wedding Plan - Insurance
Food & Drink
- Banquet in a Box - Food & Drink
- Daisy Cakes - Food & Drink
- Dartmoor Kitchen - Food & Drink
- Dartmouth Smokehouse - Food & Drink
- Devon Vintage China - Catering Hire
- Hunters Brewery - Bar Hire
Lamb and Hog Roasts - Food & Drink
Phil Dallyn is a local farmer near Newton Abbot. He has no website but you can call him on 01803 872254 or 07831 210030.
- Marquee Bars - Bar Hire
- Pizza Dragon - Food & Drink
- Posh Nosh - Food & Drink
- Riverford Farm Shop - Food & Drink
- Silks Wedding and Events Boutique - Bar Hire
- Silks Wedding and Events Boutique - Food & Drink
- South Hams Food and Drink - Food & Drink
- South West Event Hire - Catering Hire
- The Cheese Shed - Food & Drink
- The Educated Pig - Food & Drink
- The English Tea Party - Catering Hire
- The Food Groove - Food & Drink
The Secret Kitchen - Caterer
Based in Torquay call Tim Green on 07899 956575
Weddings & Events
- Custom Claws - Mobile Nail Design - Hair & Beauty
- Devon Wedding Guide - Wedding Directory
- Janes Fashions - Wedding Clothes & Accessories
- Jolly Good Wedding - Wedding & Event Planning
- Marquee Hire Guide - Wedding & Event Search Directories
- SD Photography - Photography
- The Wedding Finder - Wedding & Event Search Directories
- Wedding Planner Devon - Wedding & Event Planning
- Westcountry Wedding Guide - Wedding & Event Search Directories
Buckland House, Buckland Filleigh, Devon - Venue
Buckland House stands impressively in the North Devon countryside. Set in 280 acres of mostly woodlands, a lake and well kept lawns and gardens, the house provides a lovely setting for your wedding. We can supply a marquee large enough to seat up to 160 people with space for bar or catering.
Burton Farm House, Hope Cove, Devon - Venue
This was a pleasant surprise as I first assumed we would be erecting the marquee at the farm house. However, I soon discovered this is a working farm and the owners have land all around Hope Cove. Upon arrival I was given directions to one of the farm fields overlooking the cove. This is an isolated spot so you will need to hire toilets and a generator. You will not get better sea views of the South Devon coastline!
Colehayes Park, Bovey Tracey, Devon - Venue
Colehayes is a grade II listed Georgian mansion standing in 20 sheltered acres of woodland, river and gardens in the Dartmoor National Park. If you are thinking of having your wedding or party here and would like a marquee please get in touch as we can pop over and meet you on site.
Country Ways, Umberleigh, Devon - Venue
Hidden away on a small Devon farm, Country Ways boasts lovely gardens and magnificent views. There is a collection of 6 holiday cottages for guests to stay in and a flat and level site for a marquee. We know the site well and can fit a 30x40ft Trapeze marquee easily. There is even space to add on our 20x20ft Matrix for bar/catering.
Gurrow Point, Dittisham, Devon - Venue
The River Dart, one of the most beautiful tidal estuaries in Britain, is the setting for Gurrow Point. Situated on the tip of the Dittisham Peninsula and only 2 miles upstream from the town of Dartmouth, Gurrow Point enjoys some of the most spectacular riverside views imaginable. The marquee site, which can easily accommodate 150 guests, is perfectly placed to enjoy the panoramic views of the river. Words cannot describe this site, you really need to go and see it for yourself!
Kingston House, Staverton, Devon - Venue
Kingston House is one of Devonís finest listed houses. Set within 10 acres it is is perfectly situated between Dartmoor and its nearest town, Totnes. The Estate is set in formal gardens with a collection of period holiday cottages surrounding the cobbled courtyard. Licensed for weddings, Kingston House provides a lovely backdrop for a marquee reception. The South Garden only a few steps from the house, can accommodate a marquee for up to 200 people.
Little Bidlake Farm, Bridestowe, Devon - Venue
Set on the edge of Dartmoor in beautiful Devon, Little Bidlake Farm is perfectly placed for a fabulous Westcountry holiday or as a venue for that very special occasion. The spacious gardens near the cottages can easily accommodate between 80-160 people.
The Shippon, Totnes, Devon - Venue
An exclusive rural location perfect for romantic weddings. With its 10 ensuite bedrooms and exclusive camping opportunities, the Shippon provides excellent accommodation options for your wedding. Combine this with a marquee on its newly created lawn and you have a perfect wedding reception venue for your romantic, gorgeous Devon countryside wedding with fantastic, uninterupted veiws of the River Dart. Ideal for 80-100 seated with dance floor. The site can fit two 30x40ft Trapeze marquees joined lengthwyas. There is also space for a 20x20ft Matrix marquee for catering.
South Allington House, Kingsbridge, Devon - Venue
South Allington House, in the hamlet of Chivelstone, is a Grade II Georgian manor house, set in four acres of beautiful grounds, between Start Point and Prawle Point, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. One of the closely garded secrets in Devon, South Allington House is a lovely discovery. The grounds can accomodate large marquees and with the inclusion of a campsite this venue is ideal for a wedding with camping.
The Old Rectory, Chulmleigh, Devon - Venue
The Old Rectory is a large 19th Century country house, surrounded by 20 acres of landscaped gardens and pastures, and overlooking miles of the undisturbed North Devon countryside. The house is totally private. Nestled between Exmoor and Dartmoor, The Old Rectory is in a prime location and can sleep up to 22 people. It is ideal for those looking for an escape; be it a relaxing retreat or a spectacular party or wedding.
Townleigh Farm, Stowford, Devon - Venue
Already experienced in events and functions, Townleigh Farm is in fact a new wedding venue for Devon. Recently granted a civil wedding licence the farm can offer a truly special occasion. Close to the farm house are two lawned areas - set on different levels both sites can easily accommodate two 28x38ft marquees joined length ways + catering. This venue is suitable for between 80 and 160 people.
Ugbrooke House, Chudleigh, Devon - Venue
Ugbrooke House, home of Lord Clifford, is set in a tranquil Devon valley landscaped by Capability Brown. It has a history covering 900 years, featuring in the Domesday book of 1086, and exhibiting a fascinating variety of alterations made over the centuries. The house and garden provide a wonderful setting for your Reception. The marquee site faces almost due west with superb views across the lake. This site is superb and can seat between 80-160 guests.
Poleadion Info Sheet
Trapeze Info Sheet
Matrix Info Sheet
Attached is a printable list of all our hire prices.
Terms & Conditions
1. CONDITIONS. Devon Party Marquees will submit a written quotation which the Hirer shall accept in writing: the absence of such written quotation or acceptance however shall not invalidate the Contract, and all the work quoted for and undertaken by, or goods hired from the company shall be subject to these terms and conditions, and the Hirer by authorising or allowing work to proceed or goods to be delivered is deemed to have confirmed the Contract and to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. PERIOD OF HIRE. The period of hire is understood to mean the period for which the tentage or equipment is required to be ready and available for use.
3. (I) CONDITIONS OF SITE. Devon Party Marquees quotation for hire charges is made on the assumption that the site on which the tents or equipment are to be erected or to which goods are delivered is: a) flat level firm ground with easy access for heavy motor transport and - b) has no drain pipes, cables or other services buried beneath the surface or otherwise concealed. If the said site does not comply with these requirements, Devon Party Marquees may in its discretion either rescind the Contract by giving oral or written notice to the Hirer or make additional hire charges. Devon Party Marquees shall not be liable to the Hirer for any loss damage or expense resulting from such rescission of the Contract.
3. (II) EXCLUSION OF DEVON PARTY MARQUEES LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO SITE AND SERVICES. Whether the said complies with the foregoing requirements or not, Devon Party Marquees shall not be under any liability whatsoever to make good any damage to the site nor shall Devon Party Marquees be under any liability whatsoever in respect of damage to drain pipes or cables or other services buried under the site or otherwise concealed or any consequential loss resulting from such damage unless an accurate plan showing the precise position of such drain pipes or cables or other services shall been supplied to Devon Party Marquees.
3. (III) THE POSITION OF TENTS AND EQUIPMENT. The Hirer shall provide Devon Party Marquees with a plan showing the position in which the tents or equipment shall be erected or alternatively shall have a representative on the site for that purpose. If the Hirer shall fail to provide a plan or have a representative on the site then Devon Party Marquees may erect the tents and equipment where it thinks fit and it shall be deemed to have performed the Contract.
4. VARIATION OF HIRE CHARGES. Devon Party Marquees reserves the right to vary the quoted hire charges in the event of any increase taken place before or during the period of hire in the cost of labour, materials or transport.
5. HIRE CHARGES. Unless specified all goods hired are for 24 hours, and are charged whether used or not. The hire charges published in any of Devon Party Marquees printed or digital material are for guidance only and do not constitute an offer. All prices shown include VAT where applicable.
6. PAYMENT. Devon Party Marquees reserves the right to charge a non-refundable deposit of 25 per cent to confirm the booking, the balance payable within 28 days before the hire date. If the total value of the hire is under £400 the full balance will be payable on booking. If the booking is made within 28 days of the hire date the full balance is payable to confirm the booking.
7. LOSS OR DAMAGE. The Hirer is wholly responsible for all equipment on hire from the time of delivery until collection. He or She will be responsible for the safe custody of Devon Party Marquees property on the site, and will make good to Devon Party Marquees all loss or damage to Devon Party Marquees property or equipment hired or used on the site (other than fair wear and tear) such as breakages, lighting and furniture etc., including those due to theft or burglary, unless it be proved that such loss or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of Devon Party Marquees. No guarantee can be given that equipment will be removed the following day, we will do our best to meet the wishes of our clients whenever possible. We cannot accept any items in place of our own.
8. GIANT GAMES. A responsible adult whilst participating in any game should supervise children. As the organiser of the event you the customer are responsible for arranging adequate supervision at all times. As a guide the following restrictions are advised. Giant Connect 4, Twister & Limbo are suitable for all ages. Croquet & Giant Jenga Age 10+ with strict adult supervision. Due to the height the tower reaches and the weight of the blocks extreme care should be taken when playing Giant Jenga. A space of not less than 12ft square should be cleared for this game. Please ensure that the area is cleared of all breakable objects especially glass and bottles. Only the player taking their turn to remove the block should be within the 12ft square area. All other players should keep clear of this area in case the tower falls. Remember there is no requirement to use all the blocks provided! In the event of rain and the games being played outdoors, we ask you to cease playing and remove the games to an undercover area. Any spillages on the games should be cleaned up immediately. All dirt etc should be wiped clean prior to us collecting the games.
9. LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES. Devon Party Marquees will not be responsible for and the Hirer will indemnify Devon Party Marquees against all claims for injury to persons or loss of or damage to property howsoever caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage be caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of Devon Party Marquees.
10. ERECTION AND DISMANTLING. Devon Party Marquees normally provides labour for erection and dismantling and the cost thereof is included in the hire charges. Only in exceptional circumstances and by special arrangement will Devon Party Marquees allow the Hirer to erect and/or dismantle Devon Party Marquees property.
11. ATTENDANCE. The hire charges do not include attendance by Devon Party Marquees men except during the actual process of erection and dismantling.
12. PERMITS. The Hirer is responsible for giving notice to or obtaining all necessary permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and must make application where to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade, and any similar authority or organisation. Any cost as incurred in delays or modification in the work arising from the absence of or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to Devon Party Marquees by the Hirer and shall be deemed to be part of the hire charge for the purpose of Clause 6 hereof.
13. FORCE MAJEURE. While every effort will be made by Devon Party Marquees to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by Devon Party Marquees consequent upon act of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lock-outs or other labour disturbances, Fire, Flood, Strong Winds, Restriction on the use of transport, Fuel or Power, Requisitioning, Shortage of Material or Transport or Labour or any other cause beyond the control of Devon Party Marquees.
14. MODIFICATION OF CONTRACT. No verbal representation or arrangements are recognised by Devon Party Marquees and these terms and conditions shall only be modified by a supplementary written contract.
15. (I) CANCELLATION OR PREMATURE TERMINATION OF CONTRACT BY THE HIRER. In the event of the Hirer desiring to cancel the contract after a firm order has been placed. If the cancellation date is within 10 days from receipt of the original invoice date no charges including the deposit will be required. If the cancellation date is after 10 days from receipt of the invoice and 28 days prior to the hire date, there will be a charge of 50 per cent of the hire charge. If the cancellation date is within 28 days of the hire date full hire charges will be made. If the Hirer wishes to amend the order by removing items from the original invoice, you may do so up to 28 days prior to the hre date. After this date all items are charged whether used or not. Any deposit taken is non-refundable; the hire charge is to mean the final balance.
15. (II) CANCELLATION OR PREMATURE TERMINATION OF CONTRACT BY FORCE MAJEURE. In the event of cancellation prior to erecting the marquee(s) & equipment 50 per cent of the hire charge will be payable to Devon Party Marquees or if the money has been paid re-funded to the hirer. If after the marquee(s) and equipment have been installed/delivered and the contract is cancelled, no hire charges will be refunded to the hirer. Any deposit taken is non-refundable; the hire charge is to mean the final balance.
16. CHARGES FOR DEFICIENCIES CAN BE OBTAINED ON APPLICATION TO THE HIRE OFFICE.
Effective from 29.07.13